- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Sort By :
"I used only the filling ingredients, plus 1/2 t. vanilla, to fill some melted Belgian milk chocolate disks in silicone molds. Dusted top with toasted, crushed dry-roasted peanuts, using a sieve to keep the big chunks out. Results in a fluffy filling in chocolate. These cups taste best when chilled before eating. I liked the 1" size better than the 2" size I made. Prepared at Saint Paul College Culinary Arts school pastry class. Chef said "Russell Stover move over" when he tasted them for my proficiency grade."
"Made a double batch today ....so easy and sooo good. I added a tsp of mexican vanilla and omitted the salt. I used a honey peanut butter. These will be added to one of my favorites ??"
"Very good and easy to make."
"Easy to make and just as tasty as the store bought candy."