Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Sort By :
I've been making these for years at Valentines Day. They're very cute. Putting the peanut butter in with the melted chocolate gives them a softer texture. My daughter loves them. They are a fun and inexpensive candy to make.
These are delicious! Made them for a Christmas dinner party, people requested the recipe. Only made them as miniature size cause they are rich. I used a spoon to spread chocolate around sides of cups before dropping peanut butter. The top chocolate is easier to spread to cover.
Excellent! Change of sprinkles and mini liners make them perfect for any party. They are a hit on any holiday tray!
Easy peasy! I made another 1/2 batch so I was expecting to get 44 peanut butter cups. I ended up with 8 1/2 dozen. I had to melt some more chocolate. Maybe I wasn't using enough peanut butter mixture in each one? At any rate they were a hit. I can't eat them but my kids & hubby said they were awesome :)