Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups(43)
Sort By :
These are delicious! Made them for a Christmas dinner party, people requested the recipe. Only made them as miniature size cause they are rich. I used a spoon to spread chocolate around sides of cups before dropping peanut butter. The top chocolate is easier to spread to cover.
Excellent! Change of sprinkles and mini liners make them perfect for any party. They are a hit on any holiday tray!
Easy peasy! I made another 1/2 batch so I was expecting to get 44 peanut butter cups. I ended up with 8 1/2 dozen. I had to melt some more chocolate. Maybe I wasn't using enough peanut butter mixture in each one? At any rate they were a hit. I can't eat them but my kids & hubby said they were awesome :)
Easy to prepare and easy to eat! I make these often for holiday treats and they can also be frozen. These come out twice the size of regular Reeses cups. So yummy.
Yes these are the best!!! My brothers LOVED them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >