Homemade Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of chocolate mixture into paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture; top with another teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Sort By :
"same way you make peanut butter bars"
"Very easy to make and they were quite a hit!!"
"OMGoodness! We are hooked! My family loved these so much they said they should be illegal : ) thanks for the great copycat receipts we love them!"
"These are delicious! I will definitely make these at Christmas and Valentine's Day from now on!!"
"Yum!! So easy to make. I didn't have the candy bars required so I just used all milk chocolate chips and they still came out delicious and cute :-)"