- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or smoked Polish sausage,. cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute sausage for 1 minute. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes longer. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes to absorb any remaining liquid before serving. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Jambalaya
Sort By :
"Very yummy. Disappeared very quickly. Will definitely make thus again."
"Boy do I lactate at the sight of this dish, Dont forget to breathe"
"I am giving this a 5 for the flavor. It was simple to put together. I made it as directed and with Kielbasa. My problem was the rice. I did just use plain white and it didn't cook well. So for that part my review would be a 3. I will still make again and try a different brand of rice. The recipe is a keeper!"
"excellent, I didn't have the tomato, and added cheese!"
"I too made this with ham instead of chicken and did not put in cayenne due to my young children. Yummy!"