- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or smoked Polish sausage,. cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute sausage for 1 minute. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes longer. Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes to absorb any remaining liquid before serving. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Homemade Jambalaya
Sort By :
"Delicious!!! I didn't have parsley, substituted cilantro instead. Also added some corn. Only used chicken and sausage, as our daughter can't eat fish. It was very good!!! Gonna add some shrimp on side for hubby next time :-)Beware of the heat, I used less then 1/4 tsp of cayenne and it was HOT!!! I ended up dumping out some of the liquid, that really helped!Next time I am going to make some corn bread with it! This is a keeper in our family!"
"Very yummy. Disappeared very quickly. Will definitely make thus again."
"I am giving this a 5 for the flavor. It was simple to put together. I made it as directed and with Kielbasa. My problem was the rice. I did just use plain white and it didn't cook well. So for that part my review would be a 3. I will still make again and try a different brand of rice. The recipe is a keeper!"
"excellent, I didn't have the tomato, and added cheese!"
"I too made this with ham instead of chicken and did not put in cayenne due to my young children. Yummy!"