Crown roast makes a regal Christmas dinner. Flavored with rosemary, sage and thyme, it’s elegant and simple, a real blessing during the hectic holidays. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- Apples, fresh rosemary sprigs and dried sage leaves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the first six ingredients; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 145°.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove foil; carve between ribs to serve. If desired, serve with rosemary sprigs and sage leaves. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Holiday Crown Pork Roast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Holiday Crown Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review