Hickory-Smoked Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 12 slices process American cheese
- 12 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves, tomato slices and pickle slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Top each burger with a cheese slice. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and pickles. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hickory-Smoked Cheeseburgers(1)
Sort By :
This recipe makes phenomenal cheeseburgers! The aroma from the grill made my guests gather. I didn't have saltines so I crushed up some tortilla chips. I will always make my burgers this way from now on.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Hamburgers >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >