- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix pizza dough according to package directions, adding garlic powder to dry mix. Cover; let rest 5 minutes.
- Knead dough 4-5 times or until easy to handle. On a greased baking sheet, press dough into an 8-in. square. Brush top with oil; sprinkle with cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut in half; cut each half crosswise into eight strips. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 16 cheese sticks.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Cheese Sticks
Sort By :
Amazing! My husband, who is not a big fan of any breadsticks, loved this recipe. We will definitely be making this again. I make my own pizza crust which yeilds 2 pizzas. Instead of making the second pizza, I added the garlic, a small amount of spaghetti seasoning and parmesan to the dough. I worked in the spices then rolled into the pan and topped with cheeses and spice. It worked great, though I did bake it a few minutes longer.
this is cool im going home and trying it
Really good! I also used the refrigerated pizza dough instead of a pizza mix. Was really cheesy and tasted great with the Pizza Soup recipe from TOH.
flavor was lacking. try recipe for Italian Cheese Bread instead.
My grandies are all teens and are always hungry when they come to my house. This is one of the easiest snacks to make on a moments notice. I usually have the ingredients on hand. I made it extra easy by using the refrigerated pizza dough instead of the mix.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Appetizers >
- Vegetarian Finger Foods >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Appetizers >
- Winning Bread Recipes >
- Winning Healthy Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >
- Yeast Bread Recipes >