Herbed Cheese Wafers
These bite-sized snacks are rich, buttery and full of flavor. You can either serve them alone or for dipping.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large, bowl, beat butter, cheeses, tarragon, oregano and garlic until well mixed. Beat in flour (the dough will be crumbly). Shape into a 14-in. roll. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until golden brown and crisp, about 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 138 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Wafers in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.