Herbed Cheese Wafers
These bite-sized snacks are rich, buttery and full of flavor. You can serve them alone or for dipping.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large, bowl, beat butter, cheeses, tarragon, oregano and garlic until well mixed. Beat in flour (the dough will be crumbly). Shape into a 14-in. roll. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until golden brown and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 wafers: 138 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herbed Cheese Wafers in Taste of Home February/March 1998