Hearty Penne Beef Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Penne Beef(80)
Sort By :
My husband loved this! Instead of tomato puree I used a can of peeled crushed tomatoes.
I really liked it I threw in a few scoops of fresh pico degio turned out delish will have again.
Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper is more tasty than this dish! It is so BLAND, that in comparison, popping open a can of tuna and eating it from the can with a fork is a gourmet meal compared to this stuff. Waste of time and money. I don't get the others here giving it great reviews!?!?
This recipe was so easy. I usually cook gourmet food for my husband, but had my 3 year old granddaughter coming to dinner and she loves pasta. Everyone loved this! !! I was shocked and so happy.
It is easy to make and delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >