"I created this chunky soup when looking for something inexpensive and easy to make," recalls Sandra Castillo of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. The thick and hearty mixture is chock-full of ground beef, potatoes and baby carrots.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in soup and tomato paste; cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Ground Beef Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p53
Reviews for Hearty Ground Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review