- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) Italian tomato paste
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the next nine ingredients. Stir in the beef. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in soup and tomato paste; cover and cook for 1 hour longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Ground Beef Stew
Sort By :
This was delicious. & smelled so good while it was cooking.
This dish was a huge hit. My 13 mth. old just loved it. I have made beef stew on the stove top many times. This recipe was excellent. Loved being able to do something new with ground beef. I used beef broth instead of water, other than that I followed the recipe to the word. Definite make again meal.
So yummy! This easy stew tempts you as you walk in the door after a long day at work...smells and tastes wonderful. I love putting this together quickly and coming home to a hearty meal.
Awesome! So easy. I didn't have onion soup mix so I used an onion and a container of beef broth (instead of water). Left out the tomato paste. Next time I will put in some sliced mushrooms. My oldest son is in the living room asking for the recipe!
Looking at a related video using fresh garlic,I love to use garlic in a lot of my recipes and would like to know how and where to store fresh garlic so that it will last longer.