- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, onion, milk, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, mushrooms, peppers, mayonnaise, steak seasoning and basil.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Sort By :
I thought about making this recipe, but then I looked at the nutritional information. I do not consider myself that health conscious, but there is no way that I would serve this to anyone that I love (i.e., anyone that I want to live). The recipe contains 25 grams of fat per serving (per 1 and 1/3 cups). I would imagine that most people would ultimately consume about 100 grams of fat per meal, correct? One serving of the meal also contains roughly half the sodium that a person should consume in one day. In light of the fact that a person is not going to just eat one serving, I would imagine that with this one meal, you would ultimately consume twice as much sodium as you're supposed to have in a whole day. I just cannot believe that something so unhealthy can receive so many positive reviews on this website. I love my family way too much to serve them up a heart attack.
Loved this. I added fresh spinach, since I had a bunch in the frig. My husband and I would definitely like to have this again.
My husband is a picky Cajun, but when I made this...he LOVED it, and so did my kids. He even asked me the other day, when I was going to cook this again. It tasted as good as a restaurant meal, really! Instead of onion, I used minced onion, and used Mexican shredded, and cheddar cheese. I used half a can of Rotel, as well. I didn't care for the basil. Next time I won't use it. Everything else was perfect. Definitely a comfort food! :)
very good, left out basil as I'm not a fan, added a little garlic powder. daughter visited and wanted recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >