Hawaiian Pork Roast with Pineapple Recipe
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Cut pork roast in half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar, celery, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hawaiian Pork Roast with Pineapple(12)
Sort By :
A family favorite for years now!
My whole family loved this but I did change a few things. First, I doubled the roast size so it would not fit in my crock. No problem, I simply used by cast iron roaster and cooked in on the stovetop on a low simmer for the same amount of time. Worked beautifully. Also, I did not strain the cooking liquid since I wanted to have the fruit and celery in the sauce. Worked. It was a hit.
I was looking for a slow cooker recipe for some pork ribs that I found on sale. It's summer & the slow cooker is a blessing for busy, warm days. My family loved the recipe. Will definitely keep this recipe on hand.
My entire family loved this recipe. It's a new favorite.
I think it's funny when a recipe is called "Hawaiian" simply because pineapple has been added to it. The sauce was too strong.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin >