Here's a meat-and-potatoes meal that no one will want to miss. It makes for a hearty dish the whole family will cozy up to in no time! —Denise Wheeler, Newaygo, Michigan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with patties and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p25
Reviews for Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review