Hamburger Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occassionally. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Gravy
Sort By :
We enjoyed this dish very much. When I browned the meat I added chopped onions and garlic salt. I will definitely make this again.
I really liked the "bones" of this recipe in that it sounded simple and filling, however, I knew this would not feed my family of 3 teenagers! i did use 1# 93% lean hamburger, 1 can health smart soup, added 2 cans of mushrooms, 1 cup Greek yogurt, a little extra bouillion, frozen peas, fresh cracked pepper and fresh parsley. Instead of mashed potatoes I served the "gravy" over baked potatoes. The result was great and filling. Will definitely make again and serve with a salad.
I think the recipe would have been a little bland without the adjustments.
Made it and served it over homemade biscuits. Very good!!! and super easy!
I remember this from my high school cafeteria. It's just as good now as it was then. I did add a little onion; but that was the only change I made to this really easy recipe.
This is a great recipie and something I can eat while recovering from some pretty serious oral surgery. Plus the fact that it just plain tastes great. I'll be making this again for sure!