- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 cups hot cooked mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, milk, mushrooms and bouillon. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occassionally. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Gravy
Sort By :
"We enjoyed this dish very much. When I browned the meat I added chopped onions and garlic salt. I will definitely make this again."
"I really liked the "bones" of this recipe in that it sounded simple and filling, however, I knew this would not feed my family of 3 teenagers! i did use 1# 93% lean hamburger, 1 can health smart soup, added 2 cans of mushrooms, 1 cup Greek yogurt, a little extra bouillion, frozen peas, fresh cracked pepper and fresh parsley. Instead of mashed potatoes I served the "gravy" over baked potatoes. The result was great and filling. Will definitely make again and serve with a salad.I think the recipe would have been a little bland without the adjustments."
"Made it and served it over homemade biscuits. Very good!!! and super easy!"
"I remember this from my high school cafeteria. It's just as good now as it was then. I did add a little onion; but that was the only change I made to this really easy recipe."
"This is a great recipie and something I can eat while recovering from some pretty serious oral surgery. Plus the fact that it just plain tastes great. I'll be making this again for sure!"