- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Prepare ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Drain ziti; add to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Ziti
"This got a unamious thumbs up here. I did use regular cheddar instead of white only difference is the dye that makes it yellow. Cut the recipe in half for our small family. Some people may think it is little light on sauce, I ended up making a second batch of sauce."
"This recipe is pretty terrible. Be forewarned and do not try! You would be better off making your own favorite tried and true macaroni & cheese recipe and adding the diced ham. That's basically what this recipe is trying to be ... without the flavor. A real loser."
"Easy to make. Used yellow cheddar vs white and next time will try the mustard as noted below for additional flavor to zest it up some."
"Amazing !! kids love it deff keeper in this house"
"We have made this a couple of times...tonight we added a good heaping tablespoon of dijon mustard and a heaping tablespoon of Louisiana hot sauce to the cheese sauce...Amazing! I thought there was a perfect amount of sauce for the pasta."