- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1-1/2 cups beef broth, onion, parsley, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Ground Beef Gravy
Sort By :
"I am just a learner, so I do my best, just love you cookery book, I really did not like the gravy, I much prefer the liquid type, it was a little salty."
"I really liked this recipe. It was super easy and tasted like home. It was a bit salty though. Maybe you could use reduced sodium broth and cut out the seasoned salt, but try it and see what you think. I like salt myself. Ha ha."
"This is surprisingly tasty for simple comfort food. My sons really liked it. I increased the meat to 2 lbs to suit their appetites and decreased the garlic powder to 1 teaspoon. Try it - don't let its simplicity fool you."
"Tastes close to what my grandma used to make =)"
"I make this at least once a month. It is easy and great tasting.. I serve over potatoes. Me and the kids don't like onions but I put them in the food processer twice and you cannot even tell they are in this.. I and the kids eat it.. I dont use as much parsley as it says though..."