- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut steak into four pieces; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by about half. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
Like calgarymom, I was expecting it to be a thick, creamy sauce. So I added some cream, and dissolved some cornstarch in the broth. I used a horseradish mustard instead of the Dijon since the green market in town had none, and my fiancé and I enjoyed the bite it gave the sauce. I'm still fairly new to cooking, and have had quite a few failures in trying to find a good steak sauce ( my fiancé really loves steak so I try to find different ways to serve it) it came out a touch salty at first (I didn't realize how salty the broth was so I seasoned without tasting) so I added some white wine towards the end. It turned out great, and was a big hot with my fiancé.
The only thing I do differently is add some Cajun spice.
This is simply a bland recipe, copied by several others. The main thing is the quality of the steak you buy. Forget Wal-Mart unless you like a tire inner-tube with you meal and I mean one of their claimed best steaks.. One should go to one of the many grill/bbq sites to improve this recipe.
Have made this many times since finding it last year. It is always a hit! Thanks CalgaryMom for the suggestion of adding sour cream. I'll try it next time that way.
It also works well on hamburgers- I'm not a big fan of the usual ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickle relish combos.
I always keep a jar of minced garlic in my refrigerator so I added about a tsp. to the mushrooms. But I totally enjoyed this recipe! It was quick & delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >