- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small food processor, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the fillets; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Snapper with Caper Sauce
Sort By :
I love grilled fish with an easy sauce to serve with it. I tried this with Halibut on the grill. Sauce was very good and unique. I agree with other review that I was not sure if I needed to take the time to marinade for 30 minutes (although it was easy). I served with Rice Pilaf and grilled asparagus. This was good enough to make for guests coming over for dinner.
I used mahi-mahi and marinated the fish for about two hours. Superb flavor if you have time to marinate for a little longer than 30 min. Other than that I agree - no time to marinate? Just make the sauce!
Try marinading for longer than 30 minutes. I generally marinade the fillets for 2 to 4 hours, turning/coating about every 30-45 minutes. It really brings in lots of flavor!(TOH adjusted the time to only 30 minutes, probably in the interest of people's time.)
The marinade did not add anything to the taste of the fish. The sauce was amazing. I will make this again, but will probably not bother with all the ingredients in the marinade.