Crusty Red Snapper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed baked Parmesan and Tuscan herb potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, combine the tomatoes, peppers, leeks, celery leaves and garlic; arrange fillets over vegetable mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chips, cheese, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; stir in butter. Sprinkle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 22, 2012
So good! We make Snapper like this often. Our favorite way. The topping is a treat.
Sep 10, 2012
I made this with Tilapia for my husband and I. We only used 2 fillets, so half of the veggies and toppings was plenty. We both enjoyed it and will definitely be making this one again!
May 14, 2012
I didn't have the potato chips, but used Italian bread crumbs instead. simple and great tasting meal!
Jul 21, 2011
Delicious recipe. Lovely to look at and great tasting. We also substituted less expensive tilapia for the red snapper and it was great. Nice way to prepare tilapia.