Pork with Artichokes and Capers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook pork in butter in batches until tender. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in the artichokes, broth, capers and mustard; heat through. Serve over pork; sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 29, 2010
I thought this was really good. I loved the lemony taste from the capers and artichokes.
Jan 28, 2010
I tried it for my wife and I, we both loved the flavor and the uniqueness of the artichokes!I made it again and used horseradish sauce insted of Dijon mustard. (We were out of Dijon) It was simply fantastic!!Jay