This tasty chicken marinates overnight. The next day, I just pop it on the grill for dinner in no time. —Cindy DeRoos, Iroquois, Ontario
- 1-1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), quartered or cut up
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Remove 1 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 15 minutes on each side. Baste with the reserved marinade.
- Grill 10-20 minutes longer or until the juices run clear, turning and basting several times. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Picnic Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p225
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Picnic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review