Grilled Asian Snapper Recipe
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole red snapper (3 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup for serving. Make three or four deep, parallel slashes to the bone on each side of fish; place in a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add remaining marinade; seal bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, rub grill rack with oil or coat with cooking spray before starting grill. Drain and discard marinade from fish. Place onion and cilantro in the fish cavity.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium-high heat for 15-17 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove onion and cilantro; drizzle with reserved soy mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Asian Snapper in Backyard Living March/April 2006, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Asian Snapper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review