Grilled Tilapia Piccata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in capers and 2 tablespoons basil. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for drizzling cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tilapia on a lightly oiled rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 206 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 20, 2017
Delicious & sooooo quick & easy to prepare! Every family member loved this - I am making it again, for the 1st night of the Jewish New Year tonight (for company) tonight! I broiled it. I used extra lemon & capers... Plenty of flavor!
Aug 27, 2017
It was ok.
Jul 17, 2017
I found this recipe very bland. If I make it again, I would add more spices. Minced jalapeno among others probably would help a lot. Sorry.
Sep 1, 2016
Nice light fish dish. I did cook it in a frying pan because tilapia tends to fall apart on the grill.
Jul 27, 2016
I made this recipe as is, and we thought it was okay, but not great. I'd eat it again, but it's not a favorite.
May 31, 2016
Nice, light preparation. Made as is.
Apr 5, 2016
Excellent and easy! I used dried basil rather than fresh and skipped the lemon peel since I didn't have any. I also didn't use the grill (wrong season) and cooked the fish in a skillet instead. Great flavor! I served it with asparagus and my kids ate the fish but I can't say that they loved it. I would absolutely make this again. Good flavor and easy to get on the table quickly.
Jun 16, 2015
Love this recipe! didn't add the capers because I am just not a fan. Had some left over sauce and put it on the fresh broccoli that I put on the grill, it was amazing!
Jun 24, 2013
One word... WOW!
Jun 23, 2012
We grilled the Tilipia by putting foil on the grill then spraying the foil. There was extra vinaigrette so I added to my cooked portion & it was good.