Greek Spinach Bake Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta cheese. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Greek Spinach Bake(11)
Sort By :
I've made this several times and recently have substituted Greek seasoning blend for the salt and pepper. It really is good.
This casserole is a great meatless option for dinner. I have made it a couple times and have added a bit of dill to make it more like traditional spanakopita.
For those of you who thought this needed something, try using a flavored feta like garlic/herb or sun-dried tomato.
This recipe had a nice flavor, but it needed something. I added hot sauce.
For a food that is so low on calories, this is really filling and also quite tasty. Will be making again.