“Spanakopita” is the Greek name for this traditional dish featuring spinach and feta cheese. You can serve it as a side dish or meatless main dish. My dad and I used to fight over the last piece!
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta cheese. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Spinach Bake in Country Extra July 2006, p51
Reviews for Greek Spinach Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review