- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, spinach and feta cheese. Stir in the flour, pepper and salt. Add eggs and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Greek Spinach Bake
"I did something fun with this recipe. I took 1 lb. of ground lamb, some chopped onion and garlic....cooked and drained it. I put it UNDERNEATH this entire recipe. It turned it into a Greek Shepard's Pie. The family loved it!"
"I've made this several times and recently have substituted Greek seasoning blend for the salt and pepper. It really is good."
"This casserole is a great meatless option for dinner. I have made it a couple times and have added a bit of dill to make it more like traditional spanakopita."
"For those of you who thought this needed something, try using a flavored feta like garlic/herb or sun-dried tomato."
"This recipe had a nice flavor, but it needed something. I added hot sauce."