- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets or halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, dressing mix and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Golden Sea Bass
"Here I am, reviewing my own contest-winning recipe, but I want to provide a money-saving tip: you don't need to use sea bass or halibut in this dish. Any firm-fleshed white fish will do, as long as it's not a flat fillet. Norwegian cod loin is readily available where we live. It's the correct shape and the price is right. Just experiment with the cooking time a bit so that it doesn't overcook."
"Made this yesterday for my family. Everyone raved about it. Will certainly make it again."
"I used halibut, which I found to be very much like sea bass. I cooked my portion a little bit longer than 14 minutes, and had a beautiful dinner."
"Delicious and quick! I found it easy to cut back on the butter to make it even healthier too."