Golden Sea Bass Recipe
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets or halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, dressing mix and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg. Dip fillets into egg, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Golden Sea Bass
Sort By :
Made this yesterday for my family. Everyone raved about it. Will certainly make it again.
I used halibut, which I found to be very much like sea bass. I cooked my portion a little bit longer than 14 minutes, and had a beautiful dinner.
Delicious and quick! I found it easy to cut back on the butter to make it even healthier too.
Fantastic fish and fantastic recipe. Added bonus that it was easy to make with ingredients on hand. I was fortunate enough to find sea bass on manager's clearance at my local grocery store (6.99/lb vs. 19.99/lb), which made this affordable this time around.
This recipe has become my families favorite Sea Bass recipe. We absolutely love it!!