Golden Potato and Ham Soup Recipe
- 6 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup milk until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and remaining milk until cheese is melted. Add ham and bacon; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Golden Potato and Ham Soup(5)
Sort By :
My whole family loved this! I made it with Club Sandwiches and a fruit salad. I would make this again.
Easy enough to make on a busy Monday evening for dinner.
I have made this soup over 15 times, does that tell you anything?
I changed the Velveeta for 8oz of cheddar and it came out great.
Made this despite my dislike of velveeta and was pleasantle surprised and pleased. Really great, comforting soup and the velveeta taste mellows out with time. Leftovers tasted even better, you couldn't tell there was velveeta in it. I'll definitely make this again.