Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced red onions
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 2-3 minutes longer. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with onion mixture to within 1 in. of edges.
- In the same skillet, saute pears in remaining oil until tender. Arrange over onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with basil, oregano and pepper. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p45
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2009
I used blue cheese instead of goat cheese because I had it on hand--fabulous.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >