This fruity, delicious oatmeal would be so good served with vanilla soy milk. Give it a try! —Jennifer Banyay, NorthRidgeville, Ohio
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pie spice and salt. Stir in the milk, apple and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain raisins; stir into oat mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking February/March 2012, p62
Reviews for Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review