- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, pie spice and salt. Stir in the milk, apple and butter. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain raisins; stir into oat mixture.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Baked Oatmeal(3)
Sort By :
A little skeptical at first. I cut into pieces then froze. I take out one piece at a time, thaw in microwave, crumble in a bowl then add some almond milk, a drizzle of maple syrup and heat for 1 minute. Absolutely delicious. 100% better than cooked oatmeal in a bowl. I used regular oats since I do not have a problem with gluten and substituted sliced almonds for the walnuts.
I added dried cranberries instead of raisins. It was really good!
Very good. My husband added milk when we had it and said it really added to it. My kids and I had it sans milk and thought it was amazing too! The pumpkin pie spice adds a nice flavor that is really complimented by the apples and raisins! Definitely a do-over meal for us!!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >