Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- 3/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, flours and potato starch together twice; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Top with fresh fruit if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake(25)
Sort By :
I'm new to gluten free - what is potato starch, and where can I find it?
Amazing GF Angel Food Cake! I just made it for the first time today, and it is as light as a regular angel food, and very tasty! You did it again, TOH!
My daughter recently made this for the 4-H fair and received champion. This cake is so good.
Can oat flour be used instead of white rice flour. I'm not sure if oat flour is gluten free, but I am diabetic and have used oat flour in a lot of my recipes.
Delicious--I made this for an office birthday--where we have a member that is on a gluten free diet. It was easy to prepare and it baked up out of the top of the angel food cake pan. However, when I turned it over to cool--it actually fell out of the pan (and no I did not grease the pan before baking!). So my beautiful tall cake was not so tall after it laid on the stove top cooling, but...it still tasted wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >