Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf Recipe
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf(5)
Sort By :
I made this tonight and will definitely make it again. I enjoyed the flavor and how the liquids were the correct amount, so the orzo and rice were tender and there was no extra liquid or gummy area at the bottom of the pot. Best of all, the recipe uses ingredients that I usually have on-hand. This will be a good recipe to use in the spring, when herbs are growing in the garden, for years to come.
Didn't have garlic to slice; used minced. Still good, but was missing something.
I have made this several times it is very tasty.
I really enjoy this side dish and make it often. I add about a 1/4 up of shredded romano cheese for some creamy flavor punch. Super easy to make.
I love this recipe and have made it several times. It is very easy to make and my guests have even asked for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >