Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf Recipe
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf(4)
Sort By :
Didn't have garlic to slice; used minced. Still good, but was missing something.
I have made this several times it is very tasty.
I really enjoy this side dish and make it often. I add about a 1/4 up of shredded romano cheese for some creamy flavor punch. Super easy to make.
I love this recipe and have made it several times. It is very easy to make and my guests have even asked for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >