Here's a fantastic way to add fresh spring veggies to your diet. Featuring a trio of bright vegetables, rice and chicken, this makes a perfect one-dish meal. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, squash, onion and carrot in butter for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable & Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable & Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review