- 3 cups shredded cabbage or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thai chili sauce
- 8 spring roll wrappers or rice papers (8 inches)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Additional Thai chili sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, mix cabbage and chili sauce. Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak a spring roll wrapper in the water just until pliable, 30-45 seconds (depending on thickness of rice papers); remove, allowing excess water to drip off.
- Place on a flat surface. Layer cabbage mixture, red pepper and onion down the center; top with avocado and basil. Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then roll up tightly. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cover with damp paper towels until serving. Cut rolls diagonally in half. If desired, serve with additional Thai chili sauce. Yield: 8 spring rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Garden Spring Rolls
Sort By :
"These were light feeling and delicious. I loved the texture of the rice paper rolls. The package directions were to soak them for 5 seconds and that was sufficient. We did not layer, we just through all of it in a bowl and mixed in the sauce and it worked well. In particular, the avocados were a really good pairing in this dish. We ate the whole bowl in one sitting. Delicious way to use up leftover cabbage."