Fun Caramel Apples Recipe
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 package (14 ounces) vibrant green Wilton candy melts
- 1 package (14 ounces) white Wilton candy melts
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 large tart apples, room temperature
- 8 lollipop sticks
- Assorted candies such as jimmies, M&M's and Reese's Pieces
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth and set aside. In another microwave-safe bowl, microwave melt the green candy melts. Repeat with white candy melts.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, microwave the caramels and water, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Heat 30-45 seconds longer or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry apples. Insert a stick into each; dip into caramel mixture, turning to coat. Place on prepared pan. Drizzle with melted chocolate and candy melts. Decorate as desired with melted chocolate, candy melts and candies. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fun Caramel Apples(6)
Sort By :
I haven't made these yet, but was wondering what kind of shortening to use Crisco or Butter
This is an awesome recipe and great on halloween for the kids.
To walmart_gal2001: Making your own involves butter, sugar and cream. Forgot about the cream!
To walmart_gal2001: You can make your own caramel using butter and sugar.
Super cute but I don't want to eat them now!
made these with pears and turned out great , just wish the caramels were no
ut free so i could send to class at school for a special healthy treat.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Caramel Apples >
- Caramel Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >