Fudge Puddles Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for 1 hour.
- Shape into 48 balls, 1 in. each. Place in lightly greased mini-muffin tins. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each shell with filling. Sprinkle with peanuts. (Leftover filling can be stored in the refrigerator and served warm over ice cream.) Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Fudge Puddles
Sort By :
"A blessing of a find! This was such an easy cookie to make & it tastes great. I used my 1" hand-held fruit scoop to make the balls, then I used my cookie press gun with a large icing tip to fill the cookies. Alot easier & neater than using the sandwich bag with the tip cut off. I doubled the batch to use up the extra filling, but I also cut up some of my left-over Halloween snicker bars, then put the filling on top. I also still had some left-over filling, so I guess I'll make 1 more batch. Tasted so-o good."
"These are a very easy, tasty treat. A good addition to a Christmas Cookie list. You may decorate these with M & M's, nuts, any festive holiday treat can be added to the top of the fudge. A great cookie for a beginner who wants a cute cookie."
"MMMMM, just like I remembered them..... made them today after not having them for 5 years or something!"
"A Family favorite"
"I made these for my kids every Christmas from the time they came out. We have always loved them!"