- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- Place the beans, oats and ketchup in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Shape into six 3-in. patties; wrap each in plastic wrap and freeze.
- To use frozen burgers:Unwrap burgers and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Freezer Veggie Burgers
Sort By :
Instead of using old-fashioned oats can you use wheat bread crumbs?
They wouldn't hold together very well, and so it was hard to fry them. I have had much better veggie burgers made with black beans instead of kidney.
Very good! Added 1 extra tbls of ketchup, 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/2 tsp of chili powder. Yum!
I thought these were quite tasty, they were very wet, and I found it difficult to get 6 patties from this mix (I made 5) so they were bun sized, but the stuck together, Also I would recommend freezing on parchment paper then wrap in plastic for storage, I wrapped in plastic then in a Ziploc baggy. The hold together quite nicely. Also I baked it in my NuWave Oven.
I had a hard time making these stay together, but they still tasted good. It might help to add an egg or even some salsa to keep the burger from falling apart. I was surprised at how filling just one burger was. I'll plan on making them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >