- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, setting the pineapple aside and adding juice to gelatin. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a glass serving bowl or an oiled 9-cup mold. Chill until set, at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Mousse
"This just wasn't great ??. It tasted mostly of pineapple. I might try it again and omit the pineapple juice. We couldn't taste the lemon, cranberry, or cherry jello at all!!!"
"I have been making this cranberry recipe for years. It was published in BH&G years ago. I omit the nuts and change up the jello flavor from time to time. Raspberry, cherry, and cranberry jello all taste great. My family would be horribly disappointed if I didn't make this at holiday dinners."
"Yummy! I saw on some forums people asking if increasing strawberry to offset possible tartness was necessary. I don't think so, it's nicely balanced as is! Will make again :)"
"I have been searching for gelatin moose recipes that do NOT contain Cool Whip.here is a delightful one. wonderful mouth feel and taste."
"This is so light and refreshing after a holiday meal. A tradition in our family."