Farmer's Strata Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 cup cubed cooked potatoes
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; add ham and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender; drain.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes and cheese. Top with all of the bacon mixture. Repeat layers of bread, potatoes and cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add the milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over all. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Strata(12)
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this make ahead dish. I used toasted wheat bread, turkey bacon, 2% milk, frozen hash browns and egg beaters.
This is very easy to make and the whole family loves it
I have been making this recipe for many years for a variety of occasions. People always request seconds, and then the recipe!! I have increased the potatoes as one cup got lost in the recipes size ( I usually use @2 1/2 to 3 cups). I have varied the cheese type, left out the ham, added sausage.... it is always a hit.
My family did not give this recipe a single "Nay!" Drain and blot bacon, use a medium-sized onion, and low-fat cheddar cheese since casserole tends to be a bit rich. Worth the effort, and it (and you) will get rave reviews.
Very good, very filling. Used frozen cubed potatos that were thawed. Wheat bread tasted great for the bread cubes. Used canadian bacon instead of ham. Only difference I would change is I used Turkey Bacon - which next time I would use center cut bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >