Farmer’s Country Breakfast
When my family has a busy day ahead of them, I prepare a hearty breakfast to get them through the morning. Packed with pork sausage and potatoes, this one-skillet dish surely fills the bill.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked. Remove sausage, reserving drippings. In the drippings, cook potatoes and onion until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, parsley and salt; pour over potato mixture. Add sausage; cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Originally published as Farmer's Country Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.