Start off your day on a hearty note! This one-dish wonder will easily keep your family satisfied until lunch. —Jeannette Westphal, Gettysburg, South Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. In drippings, saute onion and potatoes until potatoes are browned, about 5 minutes. Push potato mixture from center to sides of pan. Pour eggs into center; cook and stir gently until eggs are set and cooked to desired doneness. Stir to combine eggs and potato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon; let stand until cheese melts.