- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
"Delicious!! I eliminated the cinnamon and brown sugar and substituted 2 Tablespoons white sugar. I warmed the milk and melted butter (marg) in micro then added the slightly beaten eggs and warm milk mixture to flour mixture.Topped with fresh sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries., warm maple syrup and a dollop of coconut nondairy cool whip . Just yummy!!!"
"These turned out a bit dense. Only okay, not a favourite for my family."
"just made these and added blue berrys to the mix. all I can say is yummy."
"Made as is. Really like it."
"These were Delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot."