- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in chocolate. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gradually stir in milk and vanilla. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake
"Oh my gosh, this was one of the most amazing cheesecakes I have ever made. For the crust I replaced the vanilla wafers and cocoa with chocolate animal crackers. My husband is not big on desserts but when I asked if I should give some to the neighbors he would only allow them a taste! Wonderful!"
"chocolate chips didn't melt and there was nothing in the directions about melting first. Oh well...still tasted great!"