- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Enchilada Casser-Ole!
Sort By :
"Great casserole! Everybody loves it. We typically make this dish for families with new babies or people who have had surgeries, etc. And we always get asked for the recipe. It's delicious!"
"Super easy to make, great taste. Family loved it!!!"
"Excellent dish! I've made it with (ground) beef, turkey, deer, and today I used elk. I also make Homemade Tortillas (another Taste of Home recipe) just to make it as healthy as possible. Thanks for sharing!!!!"
"We LOVE this! I did lightly blend the salsa and onion because the kids don't like the texture, I mixed the sour cream together with the meat/bean mixture and used more cheese, about 2 cups."
"Delish! Added retried beans, no Italian seasoning. Even my kids loved it. Will make again"