This elegant tart was my first original creation. If other fresh fruits are used, adjust simple syrup flavor to match.—Denise Nakamoto, Elk Grove, California
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon red raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the orange peel and extracts. Gradually add flour until mixture forms a ball. Press into a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, preserves and lemon juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the strawberries, raspberries, kiwi and blueberries over filling. Brush with sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Elegant Fresh Berry Tart in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p272
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Elegant Fresh Berry Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review