- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"I did everything in the crock pot and more than doubled the recipe. Used 16 ounces of Kraft 5 cheese Italian (couldn't find the fontina, so decided this would make a good substitute for it and the provolone), 8 ounces of Kraft sharp cheddar, 2 cans cheddar soup, 2 cups milk, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, 3 teaspoons onion powder, added 3 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon white pepper, added 2 teaspoons yellow mustard. Did NOT add any salt. Used 32 ounces of elbow macaroni. Husband absolutely LOVED this! Made a full 6 quart crock pot."
"Really loved this recipe, very easy and tasty. Did take into account some of the other suggestions. I mixed everthing in the crockpot on high until the cheese was melted, took maybe 30 minutes. Then added the cooked pasta to the crockpot and cooked on low for about two hours. I also added about three cups of pasta instead of two cups. To save time, used 1cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 2 cups shredded italian blend cheese. Next time would like to use the fontina and provolone cheese to see if there is a difference in taste. Had on the side for toppings bacon bits and green onion. Look forward to making this again."
"I had to make some minor tweaks because u couldn't find fontina cheese. Swiss cheese worked great and added evaporated milk and paprika! Very good"
"My girlfriend and I loved this recipe. Easy and tasty."
"This was excellent! I doubled it, and didn't bother heating the ingredients in a saucepan first. I just put everything in the crockpot except the pasta, heated on high for about an hour until everything was melted, and then added the pasta and heated on low for another couple hours. It was the perfect consistency (not too thin)."