- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine soup, milk, sour cream, butter and seasonings; cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese mixture. Cook, covered, on low 1-2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
Sort By :
"I was hesitant about the condensed soup (I would make a roux for something like this) but this was quicker and it was very good. I didn't have time to slow cook it so I baked it in a casserole dish at 350 for 30 minutes, first 15 covered. I also used 2 cups sharp cheddar and 1 cup cheddar jack because that's what I had. Added a few pinches of salt but didn't add pepper. I will definitely make this again!"
"This was great. I used Italian cheese blend instead of the fontina and provolone. I would make this again and it is a keeper."
"I must have done something wrong. The texture was a little grainy, but the flavour was good. Maybe it was the cheese that I used. I may try Velveeta. next time."
"Incredibly creamy and delicious and very easy to prepare."
"I made this recipe for a Boy Scout banquet. I doubled the recipe and brought the crock pot home empty! A bit cheesy but it was a huge hit. Perfect blend on a cold winter day."