Looking for a meal in a bowl? Sit down to a Mexican classic full of cubed pork, sliced sausage. hominy and more. It all goes into the slow cooker, so you can come home at night to a table-ready dinner. —Greg Fontenot, The Woodlands, TX
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cubed
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Optional ingredients: corn tortillas, chopped onion, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork and sausage; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, hominy, cilantro, onion, green onions, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, serve with tortillas, onion, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Easy Pork Posole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p35
Reviews for Easy Pork Posole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review