- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"Super easy...delicious! I would make it again!"
"I just love it."
"Added a scant Amt of old bay seasoning. Otherwise no changes. Entire family loves this quick and easy recipe. Definitely a new favorite"
"Great recipe for crab cakes. Easy to make."
"Loved them! I took the recommendation of another reviewer and used Cajun seasoning in place of the cayenne pepper."