- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Crab Cakes
"Very good! I'll make this again....and I don't like crab!"
"They were good but needed Dijon mustard. And I'd never use crab from a can. Use Phillips crabmeat in your seafood section. It may cost more but there is a huge difference. Also shape the patties and cover them and let them firm in the refrigerator. They won't fall apart when cooking. Definitely a worthy recipe."
"Very good !! I did delete the sweet pepper, overpowering. The rest of the recipe is great!!"
"The flavor of these easy crab cakes was very good. Mine were a little soggy so make sure you press all the water out of the canned crab."
"Kimmyjo if you have a Kroger where you live go to the seafood section and you will find different types of crab meat in plastic containers. These are more expensive but better quality than canned crab. It is cleaner than canned too. Hope that helps."