Easy Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 pound Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, plum sauce or Dijon mustard, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, seasoning, egg and pineapple juice until smooth. Place coconut in a shallow bowl. Dip shrimp into batter, then coat with coconut.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping sauce or mustard if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Coconut Shrimp(3)
Sort By :
It works the best with Jumbo Shrimp. It was the best shrimp I ever tasted, and the recipe turned out great. I mixed Apricot jam with honey for the dipping sauce.
The batter and coconut would not stick to the shrimp at all. It was a big mess.
and it taste really good
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >