- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, seasonings and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer until macaroni is tender and sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dinner in a Bag
Sort By :
"Love, love, love this recipe. Has been a go to recipe for me for years. Whole family loves it. I added chopped onion and green pepper to ground beef when browning. Then a can of drained mushrooms at the end of cooking time. So good.."
"Pefect. I double the chili, put real onions and parsley and everyone's loves this very fast supper. Like a Chili Homemade Hamburger Helper ! A keeper for fast and economical supper. Thanks!"
"Another recipe my whole family loves and that I have been making for years!"
"This is a great recipe. We doubled the recipe and instead of using stewed tomatoes, we used 3 quarts of tomatoes we canned from our garden and a full box of macaroni. Put some fresh, chopped garden onions on top. This is a keeper"
"A family favorite and so easy to make!"