Dinner in a Bag Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, seasonings and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer until macaroni is tender and sauce is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Dinner in a Bag
Sort By :
Another recipe my whole family loves and that I have been making for years!
This is a great recipe. We doubled the recipe and instead of using stewed tomatoes, we used 3 quarts of tomatoes we canned from our garden and a full box of macaroni. Put some fresh, chopped garden onions on top. This is a keeper
A family favorite and so easy to make!
My kids didn't care for this.
We love this! Have made it now for years and think of it as my own hamburger helper mix. I only do half of the hamburger to stretch my dollar and my own canned tomatoes. I'm like most cooks here I only add part of the salt and add some garlic powder to it.