Dinner in a Dish
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook an stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine potatoes and eggs. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 302 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
This comforting all-in-one dish taste soooo good!!
Nov 11, 2014
Absolutely delicious! I've made this over and over again, and there is never any left. Don't change a thing!
Jul 19, 2012
It was okay. Not a bad tasting dish, but there was too much meat and too much tomatoes for my taste.
Dec 31, 2008
This is delicious. I like to make dirty mashed potatoes for on top (using cooked, not peeled red skin potatoes and preparing them with milk and butter)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.