- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 eggs
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next nine ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook an stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour into an ungreased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Combine potatoes and eggs. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 302 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 941mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
- May 31, 2020
This my first time reviewing a recipe which says a lot already. First off I wanna say I'm gluten and dairy intolerant. So I had to do minor tweaks with this recipe but I must say it turned out great!!! First off, the changes I made is: instead of using flour I used king Arthur's measure for measure flour, second- I used a recipe to make gluten free dumplings on top instead of mashed potatoes.. third I only used two cups of frozen peas, four- I used Hunts 28oz petite diced tomatoes (freshly steamed and peeled) five - I used beef bouillon sodium free and added extra tsp of salt and finally instead of using marjoram, I used 1 tsp of oregano. My fiance who is not dairy or gluten intolerant even said this recipe was freaking amazing with the changes I made. He even suggested the next time to mix it the pasta prior to putting in the oven which I think I will try. This will be saved for future dinners again :-) thank you!!!!!
- Jul 21, 2017
This comforting all-in-one dish taste soooo good!!
- Nov 11, 2014
Absolutely delicious! I've made this over and over again, and there is never any left. Don't change a thing!
- Jul 19, 2012
It was okay. Not a bad tasting dish, but there was too much meat and too much tomatoes for my taste.
- Dec 31, 2008
This is delicious. I like to make dirty mashed potatoes for on top (using cooked, not peeled red skin potatoes and preparing them with milk and butter)